LATEST FROM THE BLOG
- Diabetes is the world’s fastest growing chronic condition
- Every day, in Australia, approximately 280 individuals develop some form of diabetes
- In Qld there are more than 192,000 people diagnosed with Type 2 Diabetes
- Diabetes QLD believes there are more than 500,000 Queenslanders that are at risk of developing type 2 diabetes, have pre-diabetes or are under diagnosed
- ¼ of all Australians are battling at least one chronic disease
- 40% of individuals with Type 2 Diabetes are battling at least two chronic diseases
It is common knowledge that regular physical activity or exercise plays an important role in maintaining health and reducing morbidity and it is now known that physical inactivity is the greatest predictor of risk factors for chronic disease and!
Physical inactivity has overtaken smoking, high blood pressure and high cholesterol as the world’s biggest killer.
Exercise truly is Medicine, and, unlike some medications, it is multifunctioning. Exercise has the ability to not only reduce BGL in individuals with Type 2 Diabetes, but it also assists with reducing blood pressure, weight management, increases muscle mass, increases bone mass, improves mood and overall functionality.
As Exercise Physiologists our job is to find the most appropriate exercise for YOU to achieve optimum health and control of YOUR diabetes. We make exercise easy and achievable for YOU to results in long term lifestyle change.
How will we assist YOU?
- Provide YOU with the knowledge they require to make positive behaviour change: my motto is: “Knowledge is power”
- Empower YOU by providing an individualised, progressive, achievable exercise program
- Provide an exercise program that will not just assist with BGL control but will also improve overall health
- Educate YOU on safe BGL ranges for exercising with type 2 diabetes
- Debunk common exercise myths
Our comprehensive program “MOVE TO HEATLH” could be the kick start YOU need to get your diabetes back on track. This 8 week program will achieve all of the above and more!
Call us today to discuss how you can join our program