Paediatric Exercise Physiology
Our exercise physiologists are passionate about ensuring your precious little ones get the best start in life, are given the best chance at meeting their milestones and achieving the same things as their peers.
Children and teens need to accumulate at least 60 minutes of moderate to vigorous exercise per day; many children do not achieve this, in particular children with chronic health conditions and disabilities are less likely to meet this goal. Regular Exercise has many benefits for children, not just physical, but social and emotional, sensory and can also improve language skills.
Specifically exercise has the following benefits:
- Strength improvements
- Improvements in mobility, movement patterns and gait
- Blanca improvement
- Mood and sensory regulation
- Improvements in Gross and Fine motor skills
- Cardiovascular and respiratory health improvements
- Better Coordination
- Improved Postural control
- Weight loss management
Our practitioners continually undertake professional development in paediatric exercise physiology to ensure your children are in the best hands and will get the best outcomes. We work hard to make sessions fun and engaging all the while using appropriate prescription to meet your child’s goals.
Sessions may include:
- Assessment of medical conditions and/or musculoskeletal injuries/dysfunction
- Physical fitness testing (e.g. cardiorespiratory function, muscle strength and range of motion)
- Functional movement analysis with relation to childhood development and goals (e.g. gait, running, jumping, throwing, catching and balancing)
- Exercise prescription and supervision in accordance with goals
- Land based exercise or water based exercise
We work with children with conditions such as:
- Respiratory conditions e.g. asthma
- Juvenile arthritis
- Cerebral Palsy
- Spinal Cord or Brain injury
- General Movement
- Down Syndrome
- Congenital cardiac conditions
- Attention deficit Hyperactivity disorder (ADHD)
- General Developmental Delay
If you would like to get your child started with us please call us to arrange a FREE consultation so we can chat about the best pathway to meet your child’s goals.
We are Registered NDIS providers so we accept NDIA managed, self-managed and plan managed referrals. We also accept GP, specialist and self-referrals.
For more information on exercise for children: http://exerciseright.com.au/kids/